Our highest priority is the health and safety of our community— staff, clients, volunteers, supporters, and all of our neighbors. During this challenging time, we must remember that we’re all in this together. We’re all home together, and in a time like this, home makes all the difference.
We know we aren’t alone in wrestling with difficult decisions and navigating so much uncertainty. However, Clay County Habitat will continue building for families who need safe, decent and affordable housing as long as there is need in our community. We have been and will continue to follow the model set by the administration, CDC and local governments.
The following is our state of operation.
In the Administration Office
The administration staff continues to work remotely. At this point, our office will remain closed to the public. We can be reached by phone and email. To reach us, please visit our website to get our staff contact information or write in a general question. Here is the link to the appropriate page on our website https://clayhabitat.org/contact-us/.
On the Construction Sites
Construction sites are closed to the public and volunteers at this time. The construction managers are currently our mission heroes of our organization. They are upholding our commitment to our future homeowners and working with vendors to proceed in building safe, decent and affordable housing in our community. They are using all recommended guidelines of social distancing, proper handwashing and disinfecting surfaces.
In the ReStore
The ReStore is temporarily closed for shopping, donation drop-offs and pick-ups. We are looking forward to the time when we can safely open our doors again!
Other Operation Updates
- Our Facebook pages will share community updates like food drives, financial advice and other information which will be beneficial to those in need at this time.
- Volunteers activities will be rescheduled when it is safe to do so.
- Brush with Kindness Projects are suspended until further notice.
- Homeownership classes for the month of April are canceled and we will update when they begin.
- Future homeowners who need support can schedule a meeting via phone or email.
- If These Walls Could Talk luncheon remains scheduled for Monday, October 5, 2020.
- Join the Habitat Global Prayer Partner network at https://www.habitat.org/volunteer/group-opportunities/faith-partners.
- Looking for something positive to focus on? Here is 40 positive actions for Lent https://www.habitat.org/volunteer/group-opportunities/faith-partners/devotions#positive.
- To find up-to-date information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
As part of the Habitat family, you understand the power of community action. Thank you for your continued support during this time and for playing your part in promoting the well-being of our entire community. Many of you have graciously reached out asking how to help. If it’s within your capacity and you’d like to financially support Habitat through this difficult time, you can make a donation at https://clayhabitat.org/donate/. Your support will allow us to build as quickly as possible when it is safe to resume normal activities so that families in Clay County will have a safe and affordable place to call home.
These are uncertain times and an unknown territory, and we greatly appreciate your continued support and trust as we navigate this together. We are home together and hope you will remain at home too. Stay safe and stay healthy.